Are you working online for the first time?
Transitioning to working online is stressful, especially if you are doing so for the first time. With the recent closures and restrictions, due to the Coronavirus outbreak, many people have been forced to work from home. The need to stay connected and communicate with employees and colleagues is more important than ever.
At Xyvid, we want to help you and your fellow employees’ transition to an online work space. After all, we have been specializing in large-scale web broadcasting events long before today’s current situation.
Below are some quick tips to help ease your stress and concern during the transition to working in an online environment.
Create a routine for yourself:
- Try and schedule out your day so you have a plan. Start with a morning routine that helps you get started with your day, like having a cup of coffee, and continue with planning tasks you need to complete.
Keep your lines of communication open:
- In the first week of transition, it is important to be communicating regularly with your supervisors, employees, colleagues, or clients. Be sure to check your email regularly and even think about instituting a messaging platform, such as Slack, to communicate quickly and efficiently.
Get dressed and prepare for the day:
- It can be extremely tempting to stay in your pajamas all day, but getting dressed can help you get on track. Wake up before you need to get online and get dressed, much like you would if you were going to the office.
- Another important part of transitioning to working online. Don’t hesitate to overcommunicate in the beginning. You may need to remind people, multiple times, about meetings or that you finished important tasks.
Help your team stay positive:
- In a time of doubt, it is imperative to keep a positive spirit whenever possible. Encourage your employees and colleagues that these changes will help everyone get back to business as usual.
Make time for yourself and get outside when possible:
- Much like you do when working in the office, take your scheduled breaks. Try to go outside and get some fresh air a few times a day.
Don’t forget about webcams:
- Using webcams can help take away the feeling of isolation. You will be able to see and talk with your team in a more direct manner.
Utilize the Xyvid Pro platform:
- The Xyvid Pro platform can be used for any of your upcoming large-scale, corporate events. Our platform was created with the participant in mind and focuses heavily on user engagement and message retention. You can directly engage your audience with our suite of engagement tools and the dynamic look and feel of our platform.